Friday, May 1, 2009

the road to success


I was browsing articles on the Internet when I came across this website http://www.msnbc.msn.com. In it, it explains some tips to have a successful "non married couple living together" relationship. The first tip was to make a domestic partner agreement which pretty much spells over everything from who takes out the trash, to who gets the house if the relationship ends. I thought this was interesting because although my boyfriend Chris and I do not have such a contract, we have an understanding about who does what. The next tip was to make sure that there was a financial plan. Chris and I have a 5 year plan that we are already 1 year and a half into. We are both going to school full time, working full time and splitting the bills.We have a very clear cut budget and we stuck to it almost perfectly. Once we are both finished school we plan to get better paying jobs, get a new apartment and maybe a new car for me (since I have an older car). The last tip was to have a joint bank account and yup we already did that too :) Basically, without knowing it, we are taking the right steps to make sure our relationship is successful. Kudos to us :)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com.(n.d/.). Retreived:May28,2009: www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8918526

No comments:

Post a Comment